Nov 01 2011
WordUp Edinburgh – The Plugin Report
photo by dmwmartin
A couple of weeks back I went along to WordUp Edinburgh which was an informal one day conference about WordPress. Organised by WPScotland it was a good day to see what everyone else is doing with WordPress. Talks ranged from WordPress in large companies through to voluntary organisations with a mixture of presentation and discussion.
In no particular order….
For Theme Development and Testing
For Other Stuff….
- Custom Post Type UI – Making life easier for creating Custom Post types.
- Widget Logic – choose when you want your widgets to appear.
- Image Widget – Uploading images to widgets.
- Chimpexpress – Use existing content from your WordPress site to populate your latest Mailchimp newsletter.
- Mailpress – Similar to the above plugin but without using Mailchimp. Probably only suitable for smaller mailing lists.
- WP Help – Create help information as part of the WordPress dashboard. Ideal for handing over a site to a less experienced editor.
- EasyBlogging – Ideal interface for a new user by hiding away all the complicated stuff!
- Rolescoper – Better control over user roles for multi author blogs.
- Zend Gdata – Clever stuff this one. Allows you to link to data stored in Google Docs. I was shown this for linking rota data in a Google Docs Spreadsheet to the Adelaide Place Baptist Church website and I think it also has much wider potential use.
- ManageWP – This is the worker plugin for the main service at ManageWP. Recommended by both Wordskill & Canary Dwarf. Should make life easier for managing a number of different WP installs. I’m going to explore this one a bit further soon.
I’m sure there were many more plugins suggested as solutions to specific questions but that’s all I managed to scribble down over the course of the day